29 Learning at 29 Years Old
I'm 29 already! Life has been crazy and full of surprises, but I am still proud to say that I survived and actually lived the 29 awesome years of my life. To update this birthday post I created last year, here's the 29 learnings of the 29-year old me.
1. You just have to put the round peg in the round hole and the square peg in the square hole. No stress, no struggle, no signs of aging!
2. Sometimes, the hardest part in learning something new is unlearning the old way of doing it.
3. With a well-thought out, realistic, serious plan, you will be amazed at what can happen.
4. It is possible to turn situations around. Victory can be snatched from disaster.
5. The person you must need the power to influence and control is you.
6. You have to understand how you work, from the inside out; what makes you feel the way you feel.
7. Learn how to choose better, so you have better.
8. It is a natural gift for women to be intuitive, beautiful, flowing, abundant, and receptive. Embrace your feminine energy and use it to your advantage.
9. Effortless success and happiness is when we work with the natural order of things and operate on the principle of minimal effort.
10. You have to work with what you've got and do what you can do. Recognize your inner nature and never lose sight of it.
11. It is important to absorb the awareness into the core of your soul.
12. Responsibility simply means that you are in control.
14. Your thoughts program you. Control your thoughts to control yourself.
15. It's the enjoyment of the process that makes us happy and wise.
16. Fatigue makes cowards of us all, so too does a deep emotional pain.
17. Your "blind spot" may be the very things in your life that you must need to see.
18. Life is never too bad to fix, and it's not too late to fix it. But be honest about what needs fixing.
19. 50% of the solution to any problem lies in defining the problem.
20. Being happy is being appreciative of who you are and what you've got.
21. To have what you want, you have to do what it takes. Life rewards action.
22. Be honest, be sincere, and above all, be precise on what you want in your life.
23. Pain when acknowledged, can be a powerful motivator.
24. Make a life decision to risk reasonably, risk responsibly, but risk.
25. When it comes to how you see things, you do have a choice. In any situation, you can choose your reaction.
26. You are your number one worldly resource. Manage it and manage it well.
27. Sometimes you make the right decisions, and sometimes you have to make the decisions right.
28. We live in a world where the most you will ever get is what you ask for.
29. Time is relentless. You can't save time, you can only spend it.
Most of these are from the book called Life Strategies by Phillip C.McGraw, Ph.D (aka Dr.Phil) and the book called The Tao of Pooh by Benjamin Hoff. Some are just random realizations from my day to day life. Looking forward my next birthday, the big three - oh! :)