Secrets to Stay Young
When I joined the Facebook trend wherein people post their pictures from 2013 to now, I admit that I was pretty shook. I haven’t noticed that I did looked the same all these years! To quote Josephine Baker, "The secret to the fountain of youth is to think youthful thoughts." In this post, I've listed some of the habits and qualities that might have helped me stay youthful through the years.
1. Hakuna Matata – means no worries for the rest of your days. Don’t worry too much! Just do what you’ve got to do (with all your heart) and get it over and done with. Plan ahead to avoid unneccessary hassle and stress. Almost everything will run smoothly when there is a good plan. I don’t believe in hard work and overtime; good life is all about working smart, finishing on time, and enjoying the rest of the day.
2. Laugh Out Loud – Laugh whenever, wherever you feel like it. Laughter relaxes your whole being – relieves muscle tensions and lifts your spirit. Meet up with your friends and drink some beer. When there is nothing to laugh about, keep looking! Go to YouTube and watch some funny cat videos. Make a conscious effort to find something that will make you smile and make YOUR happiness a major priority.
3. Walk, Bike, Swim, just do stuff to move your body everyday! Exercise helps manage weight, improve muscle (like, your brain) and bone strength, and heighten your mood! I walk to work every day and bike whenever I can. Studies show that daily physical activity tends to increase appetite, reduce constipation, and promote quality sleep.
4. Choose your Battles. – One of the most common things that I notice on people who look older than their age is stress. Prevention is better than cure; try to avoid draining, stressful, or upsetting situations. Escape and be somewhere that makes you happier and stronger.
5. Create an Adventure. – You don’t need a ticket to ride, a car to drive, or a vacation to file (nice rhyme! Hahaha.) Just go somewhere you haven’t been before. Buy some painting materials and paint a flower. Cook that Pinterest-inspired foreign dish for your family. Go to a concert by yourself! There is always something worthy to try, so stop delaying your life’s adventures! Learn to make most out of what you have to explore the things you haven’t tried and learned.
Aging is inevitable, a little line here, a sag or bag there—your body may be giving away your age, or even making you look older than you really are. But it doesn't mean that you have to give up your adventurous and youthful spirit. Focus on keeping your spirit youthful and everlasting - it will eventually shine out of your face and you will look younger than usual. :)
Instagram Post - August, 2013
Instagram Post - October, 2016